Wednesday, March 16, 2016

“Chicks Rule”, Original Mixed Media/Encaustic Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

"Chicks Rule"


This is a little encaustic piece that I just finished.  It has lots of layers and subtle colors.  The "nest" just appeared...I really didn't plan that at all, but I love those kinds of surprises.  Of course when the nest appeared, I had to add a bird.  I also added part of an old deed dating back to the early 1900's.  You can see part of it by her left arm and shoulder.


Here you can get a little bit of a closer view.  The flowers were made of plaster.  I also used some stamps to embellish the piece.  Some of the stamping is more visible and some not so much.


I am in love with the process of using wax (encaustic).  You can put so many rich layers and symbolism in a piece.  And above all, it's kind of a mystery as to what you will end up with!

This little piece is reserved for an online auction that will be happening in May.  I welcome your comments and would love to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment