Tuesday, March 27, 2018

"Go Your Own Way", Original Mixed Media/Encaustic Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

Go Your Own Way





Everyone said, “Follow me”.  It was expected, and for a while, she did what she was told.  This was not the path she wanted to take.  She did not want to fly in conformity with all the others.  There were mysteries to be solved and adventures to be had.  And then it happened, like a dream that whispered her name in the middle of the night.  She noticed that not only were her own wings beautiful, but they were strong.  They were not like everyone else’s.  A still small voice inside of her nudged her to try out her own unique and beautiful wings.  That voice told her it was a good thing to go her own way.  So she did.  And she never looked back.
 
This piece began with fabric from a vintage napkin.  I loved this photo that I had taken of a tree in Oregon and decided to embed it in the piece.  I also added bits of paper and paint.  At the last minute, I decided I wanted to add the symbolism of the butterflies.  Of course, one of the butterflies just would not conform and line up with the others!  Perfectly imperfect.  A layer of dreamy encaustic wax finished this piece.

This piece is sold, but commissions are welcome.  Feel free to contact me at saltlightwatercolors@yahoo.com with any questions or comments.





No comments:

Post a Comment