Friday, April 27, 2018

"In the Midst", Original Abstract Encaustic Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

"In the Midst"




This painting is finally done...fresh off the easel.  I've been challenging myself with creating abstract art lately.  It has really been a challenge, but I am loving every minute of it.  This was actually created because I didn't like the elements of the whole painting, but in pieces, it began to come together to form a cohesive piece that.  When I had finished the layout and composition, I began to wonder what would happen if I added a layer of encaustic wax over the entire piece...why not?  The result was dreamy and a little mysterious. 










I know so many friends and family that are going through difficult times. In creating this piece, I was feeling as if the in the midst of chaos or confusion, small pieces of even those difficult moments can all come together to create something beautiful.   Sometimes, the only thing that makes sense is taking the small, beautiful, and the unexpected fragments that life throws our way and finding a way to piece them together.  Finding acceptance in the peace of these moments and to extending a bit of gratitude for them.  Sometimes, these are the only things that keep us moving forward and carrying on.

This piece is 12 X 12.  It is available.  Please feel free to send me an email if you have any questions or comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment